Saturday, October 31, 2015

'Vampire, Hold Me Tight' THE MIGHTY STEF! WITH A SORTA HALLOWEEN-THEMED SONG!



'Each bite I take, it brings me closer to death...'

Irish bluesy rockers The Mighty Stef, the awesome band fronted by the awesome Stef Murphy, with their sorta Halloween-ish track "Vampire., Hold Me Tight". Which I post coz it is Halloween and it talks about vampires.

AND COZ THE MIGHTY STEF ARE AWESOME. Not well enough known outside of Ireland, Stef Murphy has already recorded with Irish music legends such as The Pogue's Shane MacGowan and the late, great Ronnie Drew who helped revolutionise traditional Irish music with The Dubliners.

The track is off their latest album, Year of the Horse, which is getting them some attention. The band are frequent tourers of Europe and the US, playing with the likes of Flogging Molly and plenty of others, and for GOD'S SAKE I WISH THE BASTARDS WOULD COME TO AUSTRALIA! 

Anyway... here is a great acoustic version of the track:



'...and in my blackened windows, I pray that the sun might shine...'


BONUS MIGHTY STEF SONG



'Well it;s getting to the stage that I always knew it would, that I can;t walk down my street.. I'm getting death threats  here, death threats there from everyone that I meet...'

No comments:

Post a Comment