Friday, May 14, 2010

Alcohol: a love song



“And you know that I'll pick up, every time you call. Just to thank you one more time, Alcohol.” Gypsy punk band Gogol Bordello sing one of the great all-time love songs — an ode to a tempestuous but profound love affair.

It is so beautiful, so moving and so just god damn true that I feel obliged to produce the lyrics in their entirely below for the enjoyment of the wide and diverse Carlo Sands' readership.

There is no need to thank me for this selfless public service. I simply bring your attention to the google ads at the top of the page and request you think hard about giving a good click to anything that captures your eye.

Alcohol

Yeah o yeah you seen me walk
On burning bridges
Yeah o yeah you seen me fall
In love with witches
And you know my brain is held
Inside by stitches
Yet you know I did survive
All of your lovely sieges

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
And you know that I'll survive
Every time you come
Just to thank you one more time
For everything you've done

Alcohol
Alcohol

And I'm sorry some of us
Given you bad name
yeah o yeah, cause without you
Nothing is the same
Yeah o yeah i miss you so
Every time we break up
Just to hit a higher note
Every time we make up

Who's crawlin' up my spine - alcohol
I was waiting long long time - alcohol
Now you teach me how to rhyme - alcohol
Just don't stab me in the back with cartisol

Now we reunite - alcohol
And forever be divine - alcohol
Screw a light bulb in my head - alcohol
may that ceremony be happy or sad...

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol


Oh, that is just so moving. It is just... I am sorry, it is these onions I spontaneously decided to start chopping... it is just... please, I just need to be alone for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment